Initial salary range of $64,581 to $77,498 depending on education and experience.
Director of Facilities
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out essential job functions:
- Ability to work at least 8 hours per day, walking around construction site or in an office.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work hours may include evenings and weekends.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of educational/commercial construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of educational/commercial construction.
- Certified Construction Manager (CM).
The Construction Manager will be responsible for overseeing the construction of new buildings and remodeling projects at the campus located in Show Low, Arizona over several years.
The Construction Manager is responsible for managing, directing and reporting of all activities on the job sites as it relates to construction. The Construction Manager will provide leadership to ensure construction schedules, budget management, safety & quality standards, owner satisfaction, and effectiveness of trade partners are maintained throughout the construction process. The Construction Manager will work with architects, contractors, and subcontractors to ensure that the projects are completed on time, on budget and to the quality standards desired by NPC.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and help create cost estimates
- Develop and monitor construction budgets and provide regular updates to the Chief Business Officer (CBO)
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction activity to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct contractors
- Ensure contractual conditions of performance are met
- Review work progress on a daily basis and report progress/deviations to the Director of Facilities
- Attend District Governing Board meeting with project updates periodically
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Obtain permits and licenses from local jurisdictions
- Keep project records of all meetings and inventory/library of all construction documents
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks to the College
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Ensure that the project is constructed to plans and specifications and in keeping with the quality and quantity standards desired by College
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with College policies and applicable laws
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reliable with proven work experience in construction management or management processes
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented team player with strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering designs
- Ability to develop a sound budget, monitor it and resolve discrepancies
- Outstanding knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Strong knowledge and use of construction project management software (e.g. Hubstaff, CoConstruct, Corecon, Procore, Buildtrend)