Special Status, Part-Time, On-Call
Contact Thomas McCauley at email
Division Dean through Department Chair
Valid Arizona driver's license
Ability to walk (with or without reasonable accommodation) distance of up to ¼ mile across campus/prison yard location. Ability physically perform the skills taught in the courses (with or without reasonable accommodation) with may include, climbing stairs or ladders, lifting up to 40lb, using hand tools, pulling and pushing, using shovels and other yard tools. Critical sensor requirements include general vision (correct to 20/20) hear and listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give general directions clearly.
Extensive demonstrated knowledge of building trades, construction technology or contracting. A minimum of five years prior building trades experience is required, with preference given to greater amounts and variety of experience in building layout/surveying techniques, technical construction math, safety regulations, masonry systems, concrete systems, framing systems, roofing practices, thermal and moisture protection systems, electrical theory, mechanical systems theory, and basic plumbing techniques.
Preference will be given to greater amounts of and variety of experience. Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to maintain good communication and relations with all stakeholders.
Northland Pioneer College is seeking a part-time, on-call instructor at the Arizona State Prions Complex in Winslow Arizona. Will be responsible for instructing inmates in subjects relating to building trades, construction technology and masonry.
- Instruct inmate students in a classroom/shop environment and in “hands on” instructional settings.
- Complies with policies and procedures as required by the Arizona Department of Corrections, Northland Pioneer College, and other regulatory agencies.
- Resources and designs curriculum to meet the requirements of Northland Pioneer College and the Arizona Department of Corrections.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, exercising required precautions in regard to tool usage by inmates and secure storage of tools and materials in compliance with DOC policies and OSHA standards or other appropriate industry regulations).
- Maintains grading and attendance records and submits all paperwork to Northland Pioneer College and the Arizona Department of Corrections as required.
- Assists in the smooth operation of the college within the correctional environment by registering and assisting students as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.