Initial salary range of $11.00 - $12.00 per hour depending on education and experience.
Position Available Immediately
Part-time, up to 19 hours per week.
When classes are in session: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m. and Friday 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
When classes are NOT in session: Monday through Thursday 5:30 - 9:30 p.m. and Friday 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Submit a résumé in person along with two (2) professional references to the Campus Office in the Nizhoni Learning Center; 2251 E. Navajo Blvd, Holbrook. No phone calls please.
Campus Manager through the Lead Custodian
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Valid driver's license.
Ability to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation: Sufficient physical dexterity to use a telephone, housekeeping tools. Critical sensory requirements include general vision (corrected to 20/20), hear and listen in the normal range (corrected), and speak and give general information clearly. Ability to lift 50 pounds, kneel, crawl and climb ladders.
MUST BE responsible and reliable. Ability to operate floor machines.
Ability to stand for prolonged period of time. Ability to learn and practice acceptable cleaning methods.
Provide, in cooperation with the faculty and the administration, a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient environment for students to learn and develop.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean ash trays and cigarette urns; replace light bulbs; refill restroom dispensers.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas within sixteen feet of building using hand-operate tools or power equipment.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows. Clean blinds.
- Cleans classrooms, restrooms, offices, storage areas, lounges and all other assigned areas.
- Reports safety hazards and the need for repairs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Safe operation and proper use of custodian equipment; knowledge of basic housekeeping procedures. Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently in order to understand written and verbal instructions.