Temporary, Part-time, Adjunct Faculty
Questions Please contact Dr. Allison Landy at (928) 524-7335. | email
Faculty/Department Chair in Early Childhood
Valid Arizona driver's license
Physical ability to lift boxes and/or instructional equipment, move in and out of vehicles, ride and/or drive for long distances.
- Experience working with student teachers or supervising practicum experiences as a cooperating teacher or supervisor is helpful
- Early childhood teacher certification and/or endorsement
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferably in Early Childhood Education or a Bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 credits in early childhood; AND
- 3 years of experience working with or on behalf of young children birth to five in an early childhood setting; AND
- 1 year experience teaching, training, coaching, or mentoring adults
- OR in lieu of the above qualifications, an Arizona Early Childhood Workforce Registry Lattice Level F3 with Instructor Status
Northland Pioneer College is seeking part-time, Early Childhood Field Experience Specialists beginning in June and August to work with NPC students located in Hopi, Leupp, Winslow and surrounding area practicum placements.
Field Experience Specialists conduct field-based observations and provide direct instruction, coaching, and resources to individuals and small groups during instructional visits at the students' practicum site locations across Navajo and Apache Counties, including the Navajo Nation, Hopi, and White Mountain Apache lands. The purpose of the instructional visit
s is to support students in the immediate application and reflection of learning in a hands-on, practicum experience.
- Provide instruction, observation, coaching, and reflection to students in accordance with assigned course curriculum
- Conduct on-site visits, calls, and video conferences as needed to review program and course expectations with students, site supervisors and cooperating teachers/mentors
- Attend departmental faculty meetings and community of practice experiences (at least 3 times per academic year)
- Evaluate and track all instructional activities with students and submits in an organized and timely manner
- Document and track all instructional activities with students and submits in an organized and timely manner
- Support students in the enrollment and registration process, including recruitment of continuing and new students in communities served and connecting students to financial supports such as Pell Grants and/or scholarships
- Familiarity with the State’s early childhood system including: childcare licensure, ADE Early Learning Standards, ADE/FTF Infant-Toddler Guidelines, ADE/FTF Program Guidelines for High Quality, Quality First, and the Arizona Early Childhood Workforce Registry.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations and cultures.
- Proficiency and familiarity with electronic communications and systems including Outlook, email, uploading and downloading documents online and navigation of internet sites.
- Planning and organizational skills in order to track progress and manage numerous student field experience assignments simultaneously.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Professional demeanor with good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to become familiar with student handbooks and policies within a short period of time.
- Good communications skills with a good command of the English language.