February - May 2021.
NPC is currently operating under RED Alert through May 31, 2021. This means almost all student learning is on distance platforms and most staff members are working remotely. All of NPC's physical front offices are open. See the NPC location nearest you for current hours of operation.
- Summer & Fall registration is open NOW! All college services are OPEN remotely (via phone, email, Internet) during normal business hours. All of NPC's physical front offices are open. See the NPC location nearest you for current hours of operation.
- Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help.
- NPC facilities are closed to the General Public until further notice.
Spring Semester Information
NPC is functioning under a phased-in approach in dealing with classes and college operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Under this system of remote/hybrid learning, there are three alert levels that govern how the college will operate.
- RED ALERT: 100% student learning on distance platforms; all other staff members will work remotely. Exceptions may be granted where essential activities must continue.
- YELLOW ALERT: 75% completely online platforms, 25% in a hybrid model with some in-person instruction taking place for hands-on labs, socially distanced, masks in use, and lab size limited (specifically hybrid models allow students requiring hands-on learning in courses in Allied Health and some in the CTE division to engage in those essential activities); staff members will either remain working remotely or return to on-campus work activities. The move to Yellow Alert will be based on actual COVID conditions in the Counties.
- GREEN ALERT: Students and general public back on campus. All employees will now conduct work activities in an open campus/center manner.
Spring Waiver/Risk Form
Before returning to campus for spring '21, the college is asking all NPC students to complete an online liability waiver or acknowledgment of risk form. If you are under the age of 18, your parent/guardian will be required to complete the online form on your behalf. Find this form at https://www.npc.edu/covid-waiver.
Northland Pioneer College will follow local, state, and federal guidelines to resume limited face-to-face services as community health conditions warrant. The college anticipates that COVID-19 transmission rates will continue to change and fluctuate over time and NPC will alternate between face-to-face and remote services accordingly.
The following behaviors are REQUIRED while on any NPC campus/facility location until further notice:
Face coverings MUST be worn at all times. Remove your cover only when you are alone.
Stay 6 feet from others both indoors and outdoors. Avoid large groups and crowded spaces.
Wash hands frequently. Use soap and water and wash for at least 20 seconds, throughout the day, but especially after touching your face or face covering and high usage surfaces such as doorknobs, keyboards, and other public devices. Use hand sanitizer with 60%-90% alcohol content when you cannot wash your hands.
In addition, students, faculty, and staff should:
PRIOR to coming to any NPC location, students and employees are expected to conduct a Daily Wellness Self-check for symptoms of illness. What is a daily wellness check?
Cleaning & Sanitizing In addition to NPC custodians’ cleaning, the college will provide employees with cleaning supplies so they can disinfect their respective areas.
- Most NPC spring semester classes start Tuesday, Jan. 19. See the class schedule for specific details. Class schedule subject to change.
- NPC's spring '21 semester will include a blend of in-person and online classes. See color alert system above.
- Roughly 25% of NPC’s total courses will be offered in-person this spring. In-person classes will be offered for those programs that require hands-on learning opportunities, such as Nursing and some Career & Technical Education courses. To reduce risks of COVID-19 exposure, these in-person classes will provide their lecture portions online, reserving the face-to-face time primarily for hands-on experiences.
- The other 75% of NPC courses this fall will be offered in a remote format. Classes that do not require hands-on, experiential, or lab-based learning, such as most general education courses, will be offered in a remote format. Remote classes come in two varieties:
- Live web classes meet on scheduled days at certain times, allowing interactive, remote learning opportunities between faculty and students via Zoom or other live modalities via the internet.
- Online courses provide flexibility with weekly lectures and assignments on demand to fit the need of a students' busy schedules
- NPC has WiFi internet available in all NPC buildings as well as in parking lots for current students. Watch this video below on how to connect to it. If you are having trouble getting connected, please call the NPC Support Center at (928) 524-7447 during normal business hours.
See TABS ABOVE for specific student information and resources.