NPC is committed to ensuring ALL students succeed. We have created this page to list student resources and information in one place to ensure you find the answers and help you need. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help. Please note that the SPRING 2021 class schedule is subject to change.
Kayenta Center Closed
As a precaution to keep our community safe, NPC's Kayenta Center is currently CLOSED until Sunday, Dec. 6, 2020. Services will be provided remotely during this time.
Hopi Center Closed
As a precaution to keep our community safe, NPC's Hopi Center is currently CLOSED until Monday, Nov. 30, 2020. Services will be provided remotely during this time.
About NPC Waiver/Risk Form
Before returning to campus, the college is asking all NPC students to complete an online liability waiver or acknowledgment of risk form. If you are under the age of 18, your parent/guardian will be required to complete the online form on your behalf. Students taking only online classes and not physically coming to an NPC campus/center do NOT have to complete this form. Find this form at https://www.npc.edu/covid-waiver. To learn more watch the video below.
Fall Semester Information
A message about fall '20 semester from Dr. Jessica Clark, Vice President of Learning & Student Services:
Northland Pioneer College will follow local, state, and federal guidelines to resume limited face-to-face services as community health conditions warrant. The college anticipates that COVID-19 transmission rates will continue to change and fluctuate over time and NPC will alternate between face-to-face and remote services accordingly.
- Currently, all NPC campuses are CLOSED to the general public and will be until further notice.
- College campuses and facilities are OPEN for:
- Students who are currently registered for fall semester classes.
- Members of the public who wish to register for classes.
- Those who have direct business with NPC offices such as Financial Aid, Business Office, the Small Business Development Center, etc.
The following behaviors are REQUIRED while on any NPC campus/facility location until further notice:
Face coverings MUST be worn at all times. Remove your cover only when you are alone.
Stay 6 feet from others both indoors and outdoors. Avoid large groups and crowded spaces.
Wash hands frequently. Use soap and water and wash for at least 20 seconds, throughout the day, but especially after touching your face or face covering and high usage surfaces such as doorknobs, keyboards, and other public devices. Use hand sanitizer with 60%-90% alcohol content when you cannot wash your hands.
In addition, students, faculty, and staff should:
PRIOR to coming to any NPC location, students and employees are expected to conduct a Daily Wellness Self-check for symptoms of illness. What is a daily wellness check?
Cleaning & Sanitizing In addition to NPC custodians’ cleaning, the college will provide employees with cleaning supplies so they can disinfect their respective areas.
- All live on-campus instruction starts Monday, Aug. 24. See the fall class schedule for specific details.
- NPC's fall '20 semester will include a blend of in-person and online classes.
- Roughly 25% of NPC’s total courses will be offered in-person this fall. In-person classes will be offered for those programs that require hands-on learning opportunities, such as Nursing and some Career & Technical Education courses. To reduce risks of COVID-19 exposure, these in-person classes will provide their lecture portions online, reserving the face-to-face time primarily for hands-on experiences.
- The other 75% of NPC courses this fall will be offered in a remote format. Classes that do not require hands-on, experiential, or lab-based learning, such as most general education courses, will be offered in a remote format. Remote classes come in two varieties:
- Live web classes meet on scheduled days at certain times, allowing interactive, remote learning opportunities between faculty and students via Zoom or other live modalities via the internet.
- Online courses provide flexibility with weekly lectures and assignments on demand to fit the need of a students' busy schedules
- NPC has WiFi internet available in all NPC buildings as well as in parking lots for current students. Watch this video below on how to connect to it. If you are having trouble getting connected, please call the NPC Support Center at (928) 524-7447 during normal business hours.
See TABS ABOVE for specific student information and resources.