We offer online teacher certification courses made just for you at just $70 per credit (Fall '16, in state)! Get your certification quickly and easily. Northland Pioneer College has the lowest tuition rates in Arizona!
▶ Arizona Constitution (POS 221) and
U.S. Constitution (POS 222)
If you need teacher certification classes for the Arizona Constitution (POS 221 • 1 Credit) and/or the U.S. Constitution (POS 222 • 1 Credit) courses required by the Arizona Department of Education for certification, then Northland Pioneer College has what you need! These courses survey the Arizona Constitution, with special attention to operation of state and local government and the U.S. Constitution from its philosophical and historical roots to its modern day structure. You can register for these two classes ANY time and complete them at your own pace, online!
COST PER COURSE: (Fall '16)
- In-State: Tuition is $70, plus $55 course fee – $125 total!
(see if you qualify for the in-state tuition rate.)
- Out-of-State: Tuition is $335, plus $55 course fee – $390 total!
Prior to enrollment in Internet sections (POS 221 & 222 are exempt) students must either demonstrate or develop basic computer skills necessary for online learning. Students who feel confident about their abilities can demonstrate this by completing an opt-out test. Those who have trouble successfully completing the test must enroll in Skills for Online Learning – ICT 095, a half-credit, tuition-free course consisting of four hours of face-to-face contact and four hours of online work. Find out more here. Testing FAQs.
▶ Structured English Immersion (EDU 280, 281, 282)
If you need to meet the Structured English Immersion (SEI) provisional endorsement requirements for teachers, then NPC has what you need in these three online classes:
- Introduction to SEI Augmented (EDU 280 • 3 Credits) emphasizes understanding the English language learner in K-12;
- Introduction to SEI (EDU 281 • 1 Credit) emphasizes understanding the English language learner in the mainstream classroom; and
- SEI and English as a Second Language Teaching Methods (EDU 282 • 3 Credits) emphasizes methods of developing and analyzing lesson plans in all content areas using English Language Learners (ESL) standards.
NOTE: These three courses are offered on a semester basis and are NOT start and end at your own pace. See academic calendar. Courses may not be offered every semester. Check the class schedule for availability. (Be sure to set the search options for the semester you plan to attend.)
- Always check with Arizona Department of Education to verify your individual requirements for SEI endorsement.
COST PER COURSE: (Fall '16)
In-State: (see if you qualify for the in-state tuition rate.)
- EDU 280 • 3 Credits • Tuition, $210, plus a $40 media fee
- EDU 281 • 1 Credit • Tuition, $70 plus a $55 course fee
- EDU 282 • 3 Credits • Tuition, $210, plus a $40 media fee
- EDU 280 • 3 Credits • Tuition, $1,005, plus a $40 media fee
- EDU 281 • 1 Credit • Tuition, $335 plus a $55 course fee
- EDU 282 • 3 Credits • Tuition, $1,005, plus a $40 media fee
NOTE: All students enrolling in 3 or more credits per semester
are charged a $40 media fee.
Poster Downloads for these courses:
You can email or print out these posters for your teachers!
Fall Semester 2016 Posters:
Spring Semester 2017 Posters: