Temporary/part-time (Will work schedule arrangement with Supervisor)
General Statement of Responsibilities
The Student Activities Assistant serves as the assistant to the Student Activities Coordinator in planning and promoting student involvement and activities, establishment of organizations, and works directly with the Student Governement Association.
High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Assist in planning, execution, and evaluation of events represented by the Student Government Association or various clubs, maintains files, and assists with various aspects of programming.
- Work directly with Student Government on fundraisers, events, activities, recruitment, etc.
- Assist in the evaluation of student interest/commitment and promotes student involvement.
- Help with the establishment of new clubs and organizations.
- Develop a program schedule and outline of activities and maintains SGA documents.
- Assist in the preparation of budget and personnel matters relating to student activities and SGA.
- Work closely with various campus organizations as assigned.
- May assist in the development of written material distributed by the Student Activities Coordinator.
- Performs professional tasks under the direction of the Student Activities Coordinator.
- Maintain the SGA storage unit.
- Assist in running monthly SGA meeting in SGA Adviser's absence.
- Present a positive and enthusiastic image of the college to students and the public.
- Other duties as assigned.
Effectively use Microsoft Office; verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail and accuracy; customer service; flexible working hours (to include the occasional weekend); dependable; team player.
Required License/ Certification
Valid Arizona driver's license
- Forward a cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above)
- Résumé including dates of employment
- Copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted
- A list of five current professional references with contact information including phone numbers.
You may submit your application two ways:
- By postal mail to:
- By internet. Clicking on the "Submit Your Application Online" button to the right.
application materials. We accept PDF files and Word documents.
*** Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials
into the e-mail links on this site.***
Submission of ALL required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Human Resources: (928) 524-7473 or send an e-mail.
Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials into the e-mail link above.
Northland Pioneer College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. District grievance procedures will be followed for compliance with Title IX and Section 504 requirements. The Affirmative Action Compliance Officer is the Director of Human Resources, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025, (928) 524-7471. The Section 504 Compliance Officer is the Coordinator of Disability Resources and Access, 1001 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, (800) 266-7845. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Submit Your Job Application
Complete the biographical information, select an employment opportunity, and attach your cover letter, résumé, five references and transcripts or credentials as documents or Adobe PDFs. (Individual attachments cannot exceed 3 MB.)