Database Subject Categories
|General Databases||Health & Medicine||Humanities|
- Digital Commons Network maintained by the University of California
- Digital Public Library of America is supported by various universities and foundations and provides access to many documents, images and historical records.
- Directory of Open Access Journals Full-text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals. There are 665 journals searchable at the article level.
- FDsys from U.S. Government Printing Office. Public access to documents submitted by Congress and federal agencies. Replacing GPO Access.
- Google Scholar simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites.
- JURN an academic search-engine, indexing 4,413 free e-journals in arts and humanities
- USA.gov official web portal for the U.S. government and agencies
- World Bank Open Data; The World Bank is a global organization whose goal is to fight poverty. There are over 2,000 statistical indicators available here.
- Health and Environmental Research Online from U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. HERO contains the key studies EPA uses to develop environmental risk assessments for the public.
- Health Care from U.S. government agencies
- Medline Plus from National Library of Medicine. Information about diseases, treatment, drugs, vitamins. Includes encyclopedia and dictionary.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse is a comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents. Collaboration of The Agency for Healthcare Research Quality, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and the American Medical Association.
- Nutrient Data Laboratory. U.S. Department of Agriculture. Nutrient content of the U.S. national food supply for more than 100 nutrients for over 7,000 foods.
- PubMed from National Library of Medicine. Digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature. Use the limits tab for free full-text and English language only.
- American Memory U.S. Library of Congress. Written and spoken words, sound recordings, still and moving images, prints, maps, and sheet music that document the American experience.
- Avalon Project from Yale University.
- British History Online from Institute of Historical Research and the History of Parliament Trust.
- Medieval History from University of Washington.
- National Archives and Records Administration Official and primary documents in American government and history.
- Our Documents from National Archives, National History Day, USA Freedom Corp.
- English Literature Digital Library Includes links to poetry, drama, American, Canadian free literature sites.
- Folktexts from University of Pittsburgh. Links to folklore and mythology electronic texts.
- Voice of the Shuttle University of California. Links to web sites with free journal articles, poetry and literary criticism as well as writing tips.
- Worldwide Internet Music Resources Indiana University. Links to web sites about composers, composition, genres of music.
- Yale Digital Commons from Yale University. Provides access to over 250,000 images from the Yale collections relating to art, history and maps.
- NYPL Digital Gallery Provides access to over 275,000 images digitized from primary sources and printed rarities in the collections of The New York Public Library, including illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints, photographs, printed ephemera and more.
- Refdesk.com Links to photography and images web sites.
- NOAA Photo Lab public domain photos from the sun to the bottom of the sea from National Oceanic and the Atmospheric Administration
- Highwire Press Links to free journal articles from Stanford University.
- Nature Education Knowledge Project from Nature Publishing Group
- Technical Report Archive and Image Library U.S. government reports maintained by University of Washington
- U.S. Geological Survey Federal government site with maps, images, reports, studies, statistics on natural resource issues, conditions and problems.
- U.S. Dept. of the Interior Official policy, reports, data covering mining, minerals, land use.
- ERIC (Education Resource Information Center) U.S. Dept. of Education. Includes more than 100,000 full-text reports and studies in the field of education.
- FindLaw Index to many free legal sites. Your ZIP code is required to enter.
- GeoData.gov U.S. intergovernmental web site with federal, state and local geographic data.
- Legal Information Institute Cornell law School. Links to U.S. Constitution, federal rules and regulations, federal and state laws, federal and state court opinions.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service U.S. Dept. of Justice. Includes complete reports, documents, statistics covering corrections, courts, law enforcement, crime, juvenile justice and much more.
- Pew Research Center: Hispanic Trends a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. It conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis and other empirical social science research. Pew Research Center does not take policy positions.
- Psychology Metasites Jacksonville State University. Links to web sites on this topic including U.S. agencies.
- UNESCO United Nations agency reports, policies, statistics on education, social and human sciences, culture and communication.
- The World Factbook U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. Provides national-level information on countries, territories, and dependences.
Need Help? Click a button below to:
From your cellphone: Text a Librarian at (928) 351-4204. • Note: Your cellphone provider may charge for text usage.
Note: we will attempt to answer your questions as soon as possible during our hours of operation.
Call your nearest NPC Library or Center location
All Area Code (928)
|Hopi: 738-2265 / 524-7605||Kayenta: 697-8333 / 524-7648||Winslow: 289-6520|
|Holbrook: 524-7320||Snowflake/Taylor: 536-6220||Springerville/Eagar: 333-2498 / 524-7639|
|St. Johns: 337-4768 / 524-7616||Show Low: 532-6120||Whiteriver: 338-5185 / 524-7662|
|Search||Services||Course Reserves||Research Assistance||About the libraries|