The All-USA Community College Academic Team recognizes high achieving two-year college students who demonstrate academic excellence and intellectual rigor combined with leadership and service that extends their education beyond the classroom to benefit society.
Each fall semester, Northland Pioneer College selects up to 18 NPC students (two per campus/center) for the All-Arizona/All-USA Academic Team Scholarship. This scholarship provides a full tuition waiver to any of the three Arizona state universities, ASU, NAU or U of A for the entire length of time the student is enrolled to complete his or her bachelor's degree. Recipients additionally receive a one-time award from NPC ranging from $500 to $1,000.
Students selected for the All-Arizona Academic Team scholarship are also automatically entered into competition for several other national academic team scholarships with the opportunity to win additional funds.
PTK membership is not required.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher at ALL institutions in the last 5 years.
- A history of volunteerism at any NPC campus or in their communities
- Current (fall semester) enrollment in classes at an NPC location
- Be on track to have completed at least 36 credit hours by the end of the fall semester in which you apply, and complete 48 credit hours no later than the end of the following summer semester.
- Be on track to earn an associate's or bachelor's degree.
- Desire to transfer to a four-year state university in Arizona.
Arizona public university tuition waivers plus an additional scholarship from NPC.
Nominees will be honored at a luncheon on February 17, 2016, Noon - 2 p.m., in Mesa.
NPC covers the cost of the luncheon for the nominee and one guest. Additional guests are $70 each.
Go to www.ptk.org/Scholarships.aspx. Applicants are not required to be members of Phi Theta Kappa to be eligible. Select the "Apply Now" button and create your own personal log-in. Scroll through the list of scholarships selecting the "2016 All-USA Academic Team." Then select Northland Pioneer College and your primary attendance campus/center from the drop down list. Questions, contact Michael Colwell at (800) 266-7845, ext. 7635.
Word counts are restricted on some answers. It is STRONGLY recommended you prepare your answers using a word processing application (such as Word or Open Office) and spell/grammar check before pasting into the online application.
Phi Theta Kappa members are encouraged to apply for separate Phi Theta Kappa Guistwhite, GEICO and/or Hites Transfer Scholarships at the same time as the All-USA Community College Academic Team.
View a list of past winners of the All-Arizona Academic Team scholarships from NPC.
Please review the eligibility criteria carefully. If you do not fulfill these criteria, you may not be submitted to participate in the All-USA Community College Academic Team, the Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team, the New Century Scholars Program, or any All-State Community College Academic Teams.
- Each nominee must be currently enrolled at the indicated college and campus, and must be enrolled through December 2015.
- Each nominee must have a minimum of 36 semester (or 48 quarter) college-level credit hours completed at or transferred to a community college by December 31, 2015, and be on track to complete a minimum of 48 semester (or 72 quarter) college-level credit hours by August 31, 2016. (Do not include remedial or developmental coursework in total credit counts.)
- By December 31, 2015, each nominee must have a minimum of 30 semester (45 quarter) college-level credits completed at a community college in the past five years (fall 2010-present). The scholarship seeks to recognize students who are community college students; not those who are dipping down to the community college level to take a course or two while currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program.
- Each nominee must be on track to obtain an associate’s or bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent of a U.S. associate’s or bachelor’s degree).
- Please note if a student is selected as a Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team member or a New Century Scholar, the student will be required to provide proof of enrollment at either a two-year or four-year school for the fall 2016 semester.
- Each nominee must post a minimum of a 3.50 or higher GPA out of a possible 4.0 in all college-level coursework completed in the past five years (fall 2009-present). Please include coursework at all institutions attended in the past five years when calculating GPA. GPA is calculated at the point of application. Please note that the student must maintain a 3.50 GPA or higher at the end of fall 2015 to remain eligible for national scholarship programs.
- Nominees must submit a transcript by January 15, 2016, showing fall coursework and grades. If the nominee does not submit these transcripts documenting credit and GPA maintenance requirements, the student may be eliminated from consideration for national scholarships. The institution should assist the nominee in uploading a final transcript.
- Each nominee’s record at this community college must be free from academic suspension, probation or other serious disciplinary action.
- Each nominee’s record must be free from any criminal conduct, or if the nominee is a convicted felon, he or she should have completed all conditions of sentencing, including probation, at the time of nomination.
- The nominee must hold temporary or permanent residency in the country of the community college they attend, or possess a visa considered appropriate by the college. Please note that the All-USA Community College Academic Team program awards only U.S. Citizens. The Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team and New Century Scholars programs allow for a variety of citizenship options; please have your nominee review the acceptable documents verifying the student’s citizenship status at www.ptk.org/Scholarships/ScholarshipResources.aspx. International nominees and nominees attending college in Canada and/or a sovereign nation with a Phi Theta Kappa chapter may only be considered for the New Century Scholars program and/or an All-State Academic Team program.
- Nominees may not have previously been nominated for the All-USA Community College Academic Team, the Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team or the New Century Scholars program.
- If a nominee(s) is chosen as an All-USA Community College Academic Team member, or a New Century Scholar, and is attending an institution in the United States, the institution will provide travel and accommodation expenses for the nominee to attend the American Association of Community Colleges Convention. (Winners attending college outside of the United States are not required to travel, but are welcome if they can attend.)
- The institution will notify Phi Theta Kappa should a nominee face suspension, probation or other serious disciplinary action between the time of nomination and the American Association of Community College Convention in April. In addition, we request that you contact us should the student no longer meet eligibility requirements such as not meeting credit or GPA requirements after the fall 2015 semester.
- If a nominee is chosen as an All-USA Community College Academic Team member or a New Century Scholar, the institution will assist the student in providing up to four 5”x7” professional quality, color photographs or a 300 dpi digital photograph for publicity purposes.
- Please discuss with your nominee(s) that he/she understands that any part of the application may become public through the media should the nominee be selected as a winner.
- Institutions must refrain from publicly announcing any All-USA Community College Academic Team members before April 18, 2016, when winners are announced at the American Association of Community Colleges Convention.
- Each nominee is considered to be of good character and an exceptional and responsible member of the academic community.
This is an online application process.