Each fall semester, Northland Pioneer College selects up to 18 NPC students (two per campus/center) for the All-Arizona/All-USA Academic Team Scholarship. This scholarship provides a full tuition waiver to any of the three Arizona state universities, ASU, NAU or U of A for the entire length of time the student is enrolled to complete his or her bachelor's degree. Recipients additionally receive a one-time award from NPC ranging from $500 to $1,000.
Students selected for the All-Arizona Academic Team scholarship are also automatically entered into competition for several other national academic team scholarships with the opportunity to win additional funds.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- A history of volunteerism at any NPC campus or in their communities
- Current (fall semester) enrollment in classes at an NPC location
- Be on track to have completed at least 36 credit hours by the end of the fall semester in which you apply, and complete 48 credit hours no later than the end of the following summer semester.
- Be on track to earn an associate's or bachelor's degree.
- Desire to transfer to a four-year state university in Arizona
- PTK membership is not required.
Arizona public university tuition waivers plus an additional scholarship from NPC.
Nominees will be honored at a luncheon on February 19, 2014, Noon - 2 p.m., Hilton Phoenix East Mesa.
NPC covers the cost of the luncheon for the nominee and one guest. Additional guests are $70 each.
Students need an "Enrollment Key" to apply. Contact Michael Colwell at (800) 266-7845, ext. 7635. Applicants are not required to be members of Phi Theta Kappa to be eligible.
Students log in through the link: https://my.ptk.org/edge/. Phi Theta Kappa members may log in using their Phi Theta Kappa username and password. If they have forgotten their log in, follow the steps on the log in page for “PTK Member Password Recovery.” Non-members may access the application by selecting the link that says “Create Non-Member Account” on the log in page. Non-members should follow the instructions to create an account and view the application.
Once the student has logged in, he or she should select the link in the center of the page that says “2013 Fall Common Scholarship.” They should follow the instructions and enter the enrollment key when instructed. The application is a Common Application and Phi Theta Kappa members may apply for separate Phi Theta Kappa Guistwhite, GEICO and/or Hites Transfer Scholarships at the same time as the All-USA Community College Academic Team.
View a list of past winners