Why Choose NPC's RN Refresher Course?
- The NPC RN Refresher program (NUR 290) is for registered nurses whose license has expired. Our refresher program is available to you at costs far below comparable nursing programs in the state of Arizona, but with the same educational quality.
- For the past three years NPC nursing program graduates have achieved pass rates of over 90 percent on the national nursing licensing examination, a rate surpassing both Arizona and national averages!
- Our highly qualified and experienced nursing instructors will give you the confidence and knowledge to successfully resume your nursing career. Our faculty continually research evidence-based nursing procedures in order to offer you the most up-to-date nursing knowledge available.
About Our Program
NPC has designed a specific course of study for the registered nurse
whose license may have lapsed.
This time-intensive, eight-credit course will revive and refresh your nursing skills with a review of nursing theory, medical-surgical practices, and IV therapy and medication administration. Students complete 80 hours of didactic instruction and 160 hours of clinical experience.
- Successful completion of this refresher course allows you to apply to the Arizona State Board of Nursing for RN licensing.
- Note: Applicants to the RN Refresher program must acquire a temporary license from the Arizona State Board of Nursing before or during enrollment in NUR 290. Students may not complete the course without satisfying this requirement.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that registered nurses comprise the nation’s largest health care occupation, with 2.5 million jobs. Even in today’s uncertain economy, the demand for registered nurses is projected to generate a half-million new jobs over the next seven years, with median salaries averaging $68,040 per year. (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, North Arizona Nonmetropolitan Area SOC 29-1141, May 2014)