Library Catalog, use subject headings such as:
Bioremediation; Chemical elements; Chemical reactions; Chemistry; Chemistry, organic; Hydrocarbons; Molecular structure.
Use the library databases in these categories:
- Sciences (such as Science Magazine)
- PubChem from the National Library of Medicine. Free access.
- Go to Navajo County Library District, click on Free Research Databases AZ Library on right side. Select All Resources to access Science Reference Center.
- USA.gov for official documents and statistics
- 365: Chemistry for Life by American Chemical Society
- American Chemical Society
- BioChemWeb a virtual library of biochemistry, molecular biology and cellular biology
- Chemical Education Digital Library (tends to timeout on laod)
- CHEM ID Plus from National Library of Medicine
- Chemical Safety Information from Canadian Center for Occupational Health & Safety
- Chemicool Periodical Table created by David S. Hsu of Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Chemistry Webbook from National Institute of Standards & Technology
- Chemogenesis Web Book from Meta-Synthesis Scientific Publishing House in the U.K.
- Climate monitoring from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Elements Handbook from Knowledge Door
- Environmental Chemistry.Com
- Environmental Scene from American Chemical Society
- FracFocus 2: Chemical Disclosure Registry managed by the Ground Water Protection Council and the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission
- Impacts of Resource Development on Native Lands from Carleton College
- IUPAC Compendium of Chemical Terminology
- Merck Manuals Online
- Periodic Table from WebElements
- Periodic Table Life from Chemical Education Digital Library (tends to timeout on load)
- Phys.Org science news
- The Right to Know Project from the Center for Effective Government
- Royal Society of Chemistry podcasts
- Science 306: videos from U.S. National Science Foundation
- Science.gov government science information and research including over 60 scientific databases and 200 million pages of science information and path to over 2200 scientific Websites.
- Society of Toxicology
- Test Tube: videos from behind the scenes in the world of science from University of Nottingham
- Toxicity Reference Database from U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- United Nations System Work on Climate Change
- Vega Science Trust Videos from United Kingdom universities - use with Firefox
- Visual Interpretation of Table of Elements from Chemsoc - consortium of 30 chemical societies
- Why Files: Science behind the News
- Wired Chemist by Claude Yoder
Need Help? Click a button below to:
From your cellphone: Text a Librarian at (928) 351-4204. • Note: Your cellphone provider may charge for text usage.
Note: we will attempt to answer your questions as soon as possible during our hours of operation.
Call your nearest NPC Library or Center location
All Area Code (928)
|Hopi: 738-2265 / 524-7605||Kayenta: 697-8333 / 524-7648||Winslow: 289-6520|
|Holbrook: 524-7320||Snowflake/Taylor: 536-6220||Springerville/Eagar: 333-2498 / 524-7639|
|St. Johns: 337-4768 / 524-7616||Show Low: 532-6120||Whiteriver: 338-5185 / 524-7662|
|Search||Services||Course Reserves||Research Assistance||About the libraries|