Library Catalog, use subject headings such as:
Agricultural biotechnology; Diabetes -- Diet therapy; Dietetics; Food additives; Food allergy; Food composition; Food habits; Food labeling; Genetically modified foods; Nutrition; Obesity.
Use the library databases in these categories:
- Medline Plus from National Library of Medicine - drugs, diseases, vitamins, treatments. Includes encyclopedia and dictionary.
- Go to Navajo County Library District, click on Free Research Databases AZ Library on right side. Select All Resources for access to Science Reference Center.
- Arizona Nutrition Network
- Arizona Bureau of Nutrition & Physical Activity
- The Blonz Guide to Nutrition, Food Science and Health by Ed Blonz
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans from U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Fast Food Nutrition.org
- Food and Nutrition Information Center from U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- Food Labeling and Nutrition from U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- Food Psychology from Cornell University Food & Brand Lab
- My Plate (formerly known as Food Pyramid) from U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- Nutrition from the World Bank
- Nutrition.gov from the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (slow load)
- Nutrition for Everyone: Vitamins & Minerals from U.S. Center for Disease Control
- Nutrition and Food Web Archive
- Office of Dietary Supplements from U.S. National Institutes of Health
- Reports on the World Nutrition Situation from United Nations
- Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity from Yale University
- Supertracker will display individual plans for nutrition, fitness & health from U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- We Can: ways to Enhance Children's Activity & Nutrition from U.S. National Institutes of Health
Need Help? Click a button below to:
From your cellphone: Text a Librarian at (928) 351-4204. • Note: Your cellphone provider may charge for text usage.
Note: we will attempt to answer your questions as soon as possible during our hours of operation.
Call your nearest NPC Library or Center location
All Area Code (928)
|Hopi: 738-2265 / 524-7605||Kayenta: 697-8333 / 524-7648||Winslow: 289-6520|
|Holbrook: 524-7320||Snowflake/Taylor: 536-6220||Springerville/Eagar: 333-2498 / 524-7639|
|St. Johns: 337-4768 / 524-7616||Show Low: 532-6120||Whiteriver: 338-5185 / 524-7662|
|Search||Services||Course Reserves||Research Assistance||About the libraries|