Library Catalog, use subject headings such as:
Child development; Child psychology; Curriculum planning; Education, Elementary; Education -- Standards; Educational psychology; Gifted children -- Education; Learning; Special education; Teacher-student relationships; Teaching -- Aids and devices; also the name of any disability, i.e. Autism.
Use the library databases in these categories:
- Social Sciences (such as Education Source and ERIC)
- Go to Navajo County Library District, click on AZ Library: Free Research Databases on right side then Browse All Resources.
- Click on ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) for online educational resources.
- Use USA.gov for official documents and statistics
- Arizona K-12 Center from Northern Arizona University
- Bureau of Indian Education
- Center for Open Educational Resources and Language Learning from University of Texas
- America's Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Being statistics on children and families in the United States across a range of domains, including family and social environment, economic circumstances, health care, physical environment and safety, behavior, education and health.
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
- Condition of Education annual report on key indicators on the condition of U.S. education from NCES
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) from U.S. Department of Education
- International Activities Program develop, improve, and disseminate comparable international data
- Kids Count Data Center from the Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Lost Opportunity" a 50 State Report on the Opportunity to Learn in America
- Mathwire provides worksheets and activities for standards based math classes for children
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) from U.S. Department of Education
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) nation's report card of what America's students know and can do in various subject areas
- National Education Policy Center from the University of Colorado
- National Writing Project
- Race to the Bottom: Minority Children and Special Education in Arizona Public Schools
- Regional Resource Center Program (for special education)
- Special Education, Arizona Dept. of Education
- U.S. Department of Education
Need Help? Click a button below to:
From your cellphone: Text a Librarian at (928) 351-4204. • Note: Your cellphone provider may charge for text usage.
Note: we will attempt to answer your questions as soon as possible during our hours of operation.
Call your nearest NPC Library or Center location
All Area Code (928)
|Hopi: 738-2265 / 524-7605||Kayenta: 697-8333 / 524-7648||Winslow: 289-6520|
|Holbrook: 524-7320||Snowflake/Taylor: 536-6220||Springerville/Eagar: 333-2498 / 524-7639|
|St. Johns: 337-4768 / 524-7616||Show Low: 532-6120||Whiteriver: 338-5185 / 524-7662|
|Search||Services||Course Reserves||Research Assistance||About the libraries|