Eligibility for monitoring within NPC libraries:
- Required minimum of at least one full working day during which students may come to take the test.
- Audio, video, Internet and model classroom courses offered in two or more locations.
- Individual needing a make-up test from a face-to-face class.
Delivery of tests:
- NOTE: Be sure that you submit your test(s) to the library at least one-week prior to the date that the test is to administered. This allows us to review the testing instructions, prepare and print the tests, and communicate with the Faculty member if there are any problems or issues that require clarification.
Place tests in a current NPC test envelope (If you are unsure whether you have a current envelope, check with your nearest campus library). The test envelopes are available in NPC libraries. Be sure form is filled out completely - including a specific "Date test must be taken" mmddyy. Place the test envelope within a brown courier envelope and address to the correct NPC library. (such as NPC @ SCC library and date sent) Allow 5 days delivery.
Copy must be in PDF format. Copy must be sent to Library Instructional email account.
DO NOT email or scan to email to a specific staff member NOR to library regular email account.
Scan to Library Instructional email account — restricted access to full-time and temp employees only.
Ask a library staff member for the name of the accounts. It is only used for tests and returning student work.
Scanning using an MFP will send the document as a PDF.
Document must include this Test instruction form (.doc).
Form must be completely filled out - including last date test can be taken, # of students at that library.
If you are creating the PDF using Adobe software, you will save library staff a lot of time by continually adding the file with the actual test into one PDF file. Instructions are only needed once. If library staff find they are spending too much time printing your tests, this service will be reviewed.
You will receive an email stating document was received.
Tests will be printed for each student, placed in sealed Test Envelope and your instructions attached.
Tests will be returned via courier unless you specify that you want them scanned to your email. No fax.
Scantron forms can only be sent via courier.
- Send test at least one week prior to time the students may take it.
- Please acknowledge receipt of the email that is returned to your email.
- All library files for tests received from you or completed tests/assignments sent to you will be deleted after seven days.
Test signature log and mail log (receipt and return of tests) are kept at each library for one year if the instructor has a question about a student taking the test.
Libraries will not maintain a test bank or archive. Tests are kept for specific students taking a specific class.
Proctoring of tests:
- All time-limited tests should clearly indicate the time-limit both on the testing instructions and also on the test itself.
- Each testing facility has limited space to accommodate test-takers.
- Testing will be provided on first-come-first-served basis.
- Testing will be done in a designated area.
- Students must present NPC ID (or other government-issued photo ID) and provide their own writing utensils.
- Students must sign the test signature log.
- Only items specified by instructor will be allowed in the testing area. Electronic devices are prohibited, except stand-alone calculators when specified by instructor.
- Personal belongings should be left at home or locked in a vehicle. Limited storage for students' belongings is available. The college is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
- Staff will read students the directions on the test envelope. Instructors must ensure testing directions are specific and clear. Instructions or modifications to instructions provided by students are ignored. Any changes to testing instructions must come from the instructor, and the instructor is responsible for notifying the testing location. If students disregard instructions or testing rules, a note will be placed on the test for the instructor, and the Head Librarian and the Vice President of Learning and Student Services may also be notified.
- Students must complete the test in one sitting unless otherwise indicated on instructions.
- The Library will not administer synchronous/simultaneous tests in which all students in a class are told to come take a test at the same time. A minimum time window of one full day must be allowed during which time students may come take their tests. Instructors who require synchronous/simultaneous testing services should contact their Dean to hire a special proctor or make other arrangements.
- Each testing facility has limited space for testers.
Tests placed in the audio or video rooms are not proctored by library staff. Follow the AV Classroom directions please.
Need Help? Click a button below to:
From your cellphone: Text a Librarian at (928) 351-4204. • Note: Your cellphone provider may charge for text usage.
Note: we will attempt to answer your questions as soon as possible during our hours of operation.
Call your nearest NPC Library or Center location
All Area Code (928)
|Hopi: 738-2265 / 524-7605||Kayenta: 697-8333 / 524-7648||Winslow: 289-6520|
|Holbrook: 524-7320||Snowflake/Taylor: 536-6220||Springerville/Eagar: 333-2498 / 524-7639|
|St. Johns: 337-4768 / 524-7616||Show Low: 532-6120||Whiteriver: 338-5185 / 524-7662|
|Search||Services||Course Reserves||Research Assistance||About the libraries|