- Associate degree in Computer Information Systems or other closely related area.
- Five (5) years of experience in providing technical support to users.
- Three (3) years of experience in areas of responsibility while effectively supervising employees.
- Experience in working in a multicultural/diverse setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or other closely related area.
- Five (5) years of experience in areas of responsibility while effectively supervising employees.
- Demonstrated experience and success with quality/process improvement models.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Supervise Technical Services and Support Center staff in accordance with college, division and department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime recommendations, and back-up for absent employees.
- Establish departmental goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Assist staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation issues.
- Coordinate with the Director of Information Services for appropriate staffing and service levels.
- Schedule and conduct meetings.
- Communicate with users, supervisors, managers, and administrators on department operations.
- Coordinate and maintain documented Support Center and Technical Services policies and procedures as they apply to various user groups (i.e. faculty, staff, students, etc.)
- Collaborate with others to research and develop new technologies for distance learning and user support.
- Install, maintain and repair computer/data communication equipment/software.
- When necessary, assist in network and systems related tasks.
- Perform appropriate data entry record keeping and correspondence/documentation.
- Coordinate/collaborate with other Information Services staff.
- Assist with needs assessment/analysis procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Competency in operating systems, computer hardware/software and audio/video equipment.
- Knowledge of microprocessor architectures and add-in cards/peripherals.
- Ability to install network devices and cabling.
- Ability to motivate, train and supervise staff.
Ability to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Be able to sit for prolonged periods of time at desk while using a keyboard and monitor; ability to maneuver and work in small or confined areas; safely access equipment using a ladder; able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds for more than 100 yards.
Required License/ Certification
Valid Arizona driver's license.
- Forward a cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above)
- Résumé including dates of employment
- Copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted
- A list of five current professional references with contact information including phone numbers.
You may submit your application two ways:
- By postal mail to:
- By internet. Clicking on the "Submit Your Application Online" button to the right.
application materials. We accept PDF files and Word documents.
*** Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials
into the e-mail links on this site.***
Submission of ALL required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Human Resources: (928) 524-7473 or send an e-mail.
Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials into the e-mail link above.
Northland Pioneer College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. District grievance procedures will be followed for compliance with Title IX and Section 504 requirements. The Affirmative Action Compliance Officer is the Director of Human Resources, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025, (928) 524-7471. The Section 504 Compliance Officer is the Coordinator of Disability Resources and Access, 1001 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, (800) 266-7845. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Submit Your Job Application
Complete the biographical information, select an employment opportunity, and attach your cover letter, résumé, five references and transcripts or credentials as documents or Adobe PDFs. (Individual attachments cannot exceed 3 MB.)