Exempt, 9 months
- Masters degree in nursing, from an accredited college/university. Three years’ experience in an acute or critical care setting. (AZBN)
- Current license, active and in good standing, as Registered Nurse in the State of Arizona
- Current CPR certification and TB screening documentation.
- DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Physician documentation of ability to meet nursing essential functions.
- Possess knowledge and clinical competence as related to this job description.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Evidence of a willingness to develop new knowledge and clinical skills as required by curriculum, which is highly responsive to rapidly changing and demanding job market.
Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) and/or Certification of Advanced Practice Registered Nursing (APRN)
- Prepare and provide classroom instruction that is learner-centered and promotes participation in the learning process, emphasizing pathophysiology and critical thinking concepts. Selects appropriate student assignments.
- Demonstrate knowledge and clinical competence in acute care hospital and community-based healthcare settings. Collaboratively work with faculty, students, and staff in facilities that provide clinical experiences for student nurses.
- Implement evaluation devices of student learning and clinical experience to measure progress and competency. Prepare and administer examinations; evaluate student progress; maintain records of student classroom and clinical experience.
- Select supplies and equipment integral to nursing education.
- Provide student advisement, hold office hours, and guide and counsel students. (AZBN)
- Work with advisory committee to identify and meet the needs of the community pertaining to nursing subject matter and courses
- Serve on department and college committees.
- Collaborate with administration and faculty in the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of curriculum and learning outcomes of the program. Integrate clinical and theoretical knowledge. (AZBN)
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and revise standards for admission, progression, and graduation of students. (AZBN)
- Provide mentoring and support of adjunct faculty.
- Communicate with the dean and colleagues regarding student issues and progression in the program.
- Initiate and maintain active participation in professional development opportunities that encompass the discipline of nursing, and teaching effectiveness.
- Participate in department and college functions per contract.
- Under the leadership of the nursing program administrator, provide direction and coordination of the Nursing Program, following the requirements of the Arizona State Board of Nursing Nurse Practice Act. Supervise and evaluate the program, ensure adjunct instructors meet regulatory qualifications, and ensure written policies meet board requirements. (AZBN)
- Follow the recommendation within the Advisory Opinion of the Arizona State Board of Nursing Advisory Opinion regarding Role of the Clinical Instructor in Pre-Licensure RN and LPN Program available at https://www.azbn.gov/media/2347/ao-role-of-clinical-instructor-faculty-supervision-7-15-16pdf (AZBN)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required License/ Certification
Valid Arizona driver's license
- Forward a cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above)
- Résumé including dates of employment
- Copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted
- A list of five current professional references with contact information including phone numbers.
You may submit your application two ways:
- By postal mail to:
- By internet. Clicking on the "Submit Your Application Online" button to the right.
application materials. We accept PDF files and Word documents.
*** Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials
into the e-mail links on this site.***
Submission of ALL required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Human Resources: (928) 524-7473 or send an e-mail.
Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials into the e-mail link above.
Northland Pioneer College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. District grievance procedures will be followed for compliance with Title IX and Section 504 requirements. The Affirmative Action Compliance Officer is the Director of Human Resources, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025, (928) 524-7471. The Section 504 Compliance Officer is the Coordinator of Disability Resources and Access, 1001 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, (800) 266-7845. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Submit Your Job Application
Complete the biographical information, select an employment opportunity, and attach your cover letter, résumé, five references and transcripts or credentials as documents or Adobe PDFs. (Individual attachments cannot exceed 3 MB.)