About this degree
The degree option is being discontinued at the end of summer 2015.
The NPC Associate of General Studies Early Childhood Management degree offers a distinct and innovative degree alternative. This degree is designed for those who wish to enhance their personal development with the equivalent of two years of post-high school education and may be planning to transfer to a four-year college or university.
The AGS Early Childhood Management degree enables a student to pursue this special occupational field that has both lower division and upper division options. Additionally, this special AGS degree meets specific work-related mandates in the field while fulfilling many of the general education requirements that will transfer to a four-year college or university. In some cases, depending on the college or university, the degree may fully transfer. (Consult an NPC academic adviser for details.)
- The Associate of General Studies (AGS) Early Childhood Management degree requires 66 hours of course credits with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must complete 31 general education credits.
- Some courses have placement requirements or prerequisites that may result in coursework beyond the 66 credits. For information about prerequisites, see an NPC academic adviser.
- Students must meet with an NPC academic adviser to select a program of courses that will best meet the student’s goals.
- Students with an associate or higher degree will not be considered for this program.
- In most general education courses, special emphasis is placed on developing written communication skills with intensive writing requirements. Race and ethnic issue awareness is embedded throughout the general education requirements.
General Education Requirements
All Associate of General Studies (AGS) degrees require completion of 31 general education course credits from the following:.