This program provides ABE Tuition Scholarships to students through an Arizona Department of Education grant. This scholarship is designed to provide public access to adult basic education through TLC courses. ABE scholarships pay for tuition and fees for qualifying courses, and are offered to students meeting eligibility criteria on a first-come, first-served basis.
Eligibility for the ABE Tuition Scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- Completion of Opportunities Through Education class, TLC 099
- Lack of a high school diploma or GED; students with GED or high school diploma MUST have placement below ASE I in the subject area to be studied
- Ability to attend 4 or more hours of class EACH week for EACH TLC course
- Not currently receiving any other grant or financial aid
- Not currenlty enrolled in high school
- At least 16 years of age
- Qualified for in-state tuition
ABE Tuition Scholarships are managed at each location. Further eligibility requirements may apply based on the discretion of the ABE budget manager.