Study Spanish abroad in beautiful place!
Costa Rica is a relatively small country, half the size of the state of Kentucky, with a permanent spring climate - 72 degrees Fahrenheit. If you love nature, Costa Rica is a place where twenty percent of the territory made up of forest reserves, dozens of national reserves, parks, rain forests, secluded white sanded beaches on two oceans and active volcanoes! It contains close to a thousand species of birds, hundreds of mammals, and over ten thousand species of plants. The people of Costa Rica are called “Ticos” and are among the most friendly, polite and social people in the world.
- Trip date for 2015 to be determined. Please check back again.
- Earn 6 college credits while learning to speak and write Spanish.
- Classes range from beginner to advanced. No prior language experience needed!
- Study from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, with two long weekends to explore and have fun.
- Cost is $1,985.00 plus $100 application fee. Includes room & board, 2 meals a day, on-site academic advising, orientation session, and many cultural activities.
- Airfare is NOT included.
- Current NPC students must have a G.P.A. of 2.5 or better and be taking at least 6 credit hours during the Spring 2014 term.
- This trip is open to the public. You do not have to be an NPC student to participate.
It is the student’s responsibility to have all travel documentation. No money will be refunded for lack of needed documentation.
We advise participants to make two extra passport photos and three copies of the inside first information page of your passport. With these extra documents, a quick replacement is easier to obtain if you should happen to lose or have your passport stolen. This may prevent a delay in your trip or other serious problems.
If you would like NPC to contact you about this trip, fill out an
Deadline for ALL submissions - Thursday, April 30, 2015
NPC Student Scholarships Available!
NPC’s Student Government Association is offering scholarships
to current NPC students with a 3.0 GPA or higher!
Scholarship 1 : One student will receive full tuition waivers for
$1,985.00 (does NOT include airfare).
Scholarship 2 & 3: Two students will each receive a $500.00 scholarship.
Scholarship 4: One student will receive a $250.00 scholarship.
To apply for the SGA Costa Rica Scholarship, you are required to write a two-page essay and submit it with the essay application form. Your essay should explain why the Student Government Association should select you for this scholarship, how this experience will benefit you and why? If selected to receive a scholarship, you will be required to write a two-page essay describing your Costa Rica trip experience upon your return and submit it to Richard Harris, Spanish Study Abroad Coordinator.
Student essay due to Richard Harris by Wednesday, April 1, 2015. See his contact information below.
All scholarship applicants MUST:
- Be a current NPC student
- Have a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better
- Be taking at least 6 credit hours during the Spring 2014 term
- Submit a two-page essay describing why you would like
to study abroad.
Things you should know before you go ...
Course Credits – Students can receive 6 graduate or undergraduate credits during the summer program. Students can take courses for credit or non-credit. The cost is the same.
Textbooks – Be sure to have extra money to purchase books. The money you should set aside is approximately $25-50.
Classes – All the classes will be conducted in the morning, Monday through Friday. There will be two long weekends with no classes on Friday.
You MUST Have A Passport – Students are responsible for obtaining their own passports. To obtain a passport, you can apply at the nearest central post office in your town. We urge students to apply for the passport as soon as they are accepted in to the program to avoid delays. It may take from three to five weeks or even longer to get one.
For more information contact:
Spanish Study Abroad Coordinator
Office in Goldwater Center, room 112, White Mountain Campus