General Statement of Responsibilities
Administration of all accounting and financial reporting operations including, but not limited to general accounting, accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, purchasing, grant accounting, financial accounting, and financial analysis and to monitor, control, and account for the cash functions of the college
- Requires bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, finance or related field and five years of progressively responsible experience directly related to position required.
- Requires CPA, CMA, or CPFO designation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial reporting, fund accounting, and relevant software applications.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, organization, time management, project management, supervisory and communication skills essential.
- College and university accounting experience.
- Supervise all accounting operations which include accounts payable/receivable, grants, fixed assets, and cash accounting
- Supervise the institutional purchasing and inventory functions
- Supervise computerized accounting system and coordinates development of accounting analysis and management reports
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the College
- Supervise and coach Business Office staff and evaluate employee performance. Recommend training when necessary to meet College needs and objectives
- Maintain the College’s system of accounting and records for all transactions and assets
- Maintain fund investments for College by determining cash flow and cash flow needs
- Determine investment transactions within established state public fund guidelines
- Prepare internal and external reports, including monthly budget statements, the Annual Financial Statements and Expenditure Limitation Report
- Maintain tax compliance with all Federal, State and Local taxes requirements
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and long-range forecasts
- Provide consultation, direction and support to supervisors in developing and monitoring budgets
- Communicate with governmental agencies regarding accounting compliance and reporting matters
- Audit accounting operations for control and adequate protection of all funds
- Perform the duties of management reporting and policy recommendations as they pertain to financial services
- Coordinate and participate in financial audits
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge of Governmental Accounting and Reporting requirements as well as the Uniform System of Accounting and Financial Reporting for Arizona Community College Districts. Knowledge of budget preparation and management of an educational institution. Excellent working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, spreadsheets (MS Excel) and financial statement preparation. Excellent leadership, analytical, organization, time management and communication skills. Excellent working knowledge of positive supervisory practices. Strong skills in performing complex mathematic computation and analysis. Strong skills in performing end-to-end process reviews, performing root cause analysis, identifying problems, evaluating alternatives, and implementing effective solutions. Strong skills in managing large projects, providing leadership, negotiating with internal and external personnel, managing resources, implementing sound solutions. Strong skills in preparing, implementing, and providing training on new policies/procedures. Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language sufficiently in order to read, understand and prepare written and verbal information.
Ability to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation: sufficient physical dexterity to use a telephone, computer keyboard and other electronic equipment. Critical sensory requirements include general vision (corrected to 20/20), hear and listen in the normal range (corrected), and speak and give general directions clearly.
Required License/ Certification
CPA, CMA, or CPFO designation. Valid Arizona driver’s license required.
- Forward a cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above)
- Résumé including dates of employment
- Copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted
- A list of five current professional references with contact information including phone numbers.
You may submit your application two ways:
- By postal mail to:
- By internet. Clicking on the "Submit Your Application Online" button to the right.
application materials. We accept PDF files and Word documents.
*** Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials
into the e-mail links on this site.***
Submission of ALL required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Human Resources: (928) 524-7473 or send an e-mail.
Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials into the e-mail link above.
Northland Pioneer College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. District grievance procedures will be followed for compliance with Title IX and Section 504 requirements. The Affirmative Action Compliance Officer is the Director of Human Resources, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025, (928) 524-7471. The Section 504 Compliance Officer is the Coordinator of Disability Resources and Access, 1001 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, (800) 266-7845. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Submit Your Job Application
Complete the biographical information, select an employment opportunity, and attach your cover letter, résumé, five references and transcripts or credentials as documents or Adobe PDFs. (Individual attachments cannot exceed 3 MB.)