About this degree
The NPC Associate of General Studies (AGS) degree is the most flexible of the degrees offered at NPC. With this degree you learn the basics of mathematics, English, science, history and a wide variety of other subjects, allowing you the chance to explore many different disciplines while enhancing your personal development with the equivalent of two years of post-high school education.
While the AGS degrees do not totally fulfill all AGEC transfer requirements, many courses included in the AGS degree programs transfer directly to the three Arizona public universities. Work with your NPC academic adviser to ensure courses meet your specific educational and career goals.
In addition to the Associate of General Studies (AGS) degree NPC offers three specialized AGS degrees in Early Childhood Development and one in Special Needs Educational Assistant. These specialized AGS degrees can provide you with recognized learning credentials to provide the student the flexibility of meeting work-related course mandates while also pursuing general education courses that may serve as the foundation for a bachelor's degree.
Although many individual courses within these degree programs will transfer to four-year colleges and universities, student should not assume that all courses will transfer. Work with your academic adviser to ensure courses meet your specific educational and career goals.
- The Associate of General Studies (AGS) degree requires 64 hours (66 hours for the Early Childhood Management degree)of course credits with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on
a 4.0 scale.
- Students must complete 31 general education credits.
- Some courses have placement requirements or prerequisites that may result in coursework beyond the 64–65 credits. For information about prerequisites, see an NPC academic adviser.
- Students must meet with an NPC academic adviser to select a program of courses that will best meet the student’s goals.
- Students with an associate or higher degree will not be considered for this program.
- In most general education courses, special emphasis is placed on developing written communication skills with intensive writing requirements. Race and ethnic issue awareness is embedded throughout the general education requirements.
64 to 66 credits
General Education Requirements
All Associate of General Studies (AGS) degrees require completion of 31 general education course credits from the following:.
Click the + to view the course recommendations within that discipline.
Degree-Specific Core Requirements • 33-35 Credits
See specific AGS degrees for Core and Required Electives.
AGS Degree Elective Requirements • 33 Credits
From any unduplicated courses at the 100 or higher level.
|Academic Advising||Enroll Now|
|Transfer Degrees||Academic Calendar|
|Associate Degrees||Delivery Methods|
|AZ Transfer||SUN System|