Part-time, Temporary, 19 hours per week
General Statement of Responsibilities
The Alumni Relations Assistant is reponsible for communicating with NPC alumni and for promoting alumni programs that support the college's strategic plan.
Associate's degree and 2 years related experience.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and 2 years experience working with alumni in an educational setting.
Assist in building and expanding NPC's Alumni Association by:
- Fostering strong ties between the college and its 10,000+ alumni
- Writing and tracking alumni communications
- Collaborating with student service and academic departments to carry out an alumni engagement plan
- Establishing an Alumni Association Board
- Managing current and emerging volunteer initiatives
- Working on special alumni association and NPC Friends and Family projects as assigned
- Coordinating alumni discounted benefits and services
- Performing other duties as assigned
Excellent writing and proofreading skills. Knowledge of electronic communications software such as Constant Contact. Knowledge of fundraising software such as eTapestry or Raiser's Edge. Knowledge of social media and techniques for effective online communication. Skill in communicating and building cooperative working relationships with business partners in the region. Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with faculty and other college employees. Ability to relate effectively with former students and the public.
Ability to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation: Sufficient physical dexterity to use a telephone, computer keyboard and other electronic equipment. Critical sensory requirements include general vision (corrected to 20/20), hear and listen in the normal range (corrected), and speak and give general directions clearly. Ability to lift 35 pounds.
Required License/ Certification
Valid Arizona driver's license
- Forward a cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above)
- Résumé including dates of employment
- Copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted
- A list of five current professional references with contact information including phone numbers.
You may submit your application two ways:
- By postal mail to:
- By internet. Clicking on the "Submit Your Application Online" button to the right.
application materials. We accept PDF files and Word documents.
*** Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials
into the e-mail links on this site.***
Submission of ALL required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Human Resources: (928) 524-7473 or send an e-mail.
Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials into the e-mail link above.
Northland Pioneer College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. District grievance procedures will be followed for compliance with Title IX and Section 504 requirements. The Affirmative Action Compliance Officer is the Director of Human Resources, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025, (928) 524-7471. The Section 504 Compliance Officer is the Coordinator of Disability Resources and Access, 1001 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, (800) 266-7845. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Submit Your Job Application
Complete the biographical information, select an employment opportunity, and attach your cover letter, résumé, five references and transcripts or credentials as documents or Adobe PDFs. (Individual attachments cannot exceed 3 MB.)