- Open to all high school and home school students in Navajo & Apache counties (must be AZ resident and at least 14 years of age)
- Students must have at least a 3.0 grade point average or meet required placement test scores**
- Scholarship covers up to 7 general education (AGEC ) credits
per semester with a total award cap of 28 credits per student (see application form for complete list of classes)
- Students must pay any placement test costs, course fees, media fee
and book costs
- Applicants are required to take a placement test(s) before enrolling in NPC classes
- Scholarship is available in the fall and spring NPC semesters*
- Funds are limited and awarded on a first come, first serve basis
1. Students should contact their high school guidance counselor and have them
print out, complete and sign the scholarship Application Form.
2. Student should then bring the completed application form to any NPC location and meet with an NPC academic adviser who will help you complete the application process.
- For spring 2016 semester – Friday, January 15, 2016
- For summer 2016 semester – Friday, June 3, 2016
- For fall 2016 semester – Friday, August 19, 2016
- Late start courses – Day before class starts
*Summer availability is contingent upon remaining scholarship dollars. Students must submit an application form every semester.
** Placement scores: Writing: 71+ COMPASS, 42+ ASSET; Reading: 82+ COMPASS, 42+ ASSET; Math: 66+ Algebra COMPASS, 41+ Algebra ASSET, or placement into MAT 161, 189, 211, or 221.